Why A New Ministry
Prayer and Deliverance Ministry Planting was the primary New Testament strategy for extending God’s kingdom and fulfilling His missionary mandate. The book of Acts depicts the spread of the gospel throughout Asia and Europe. Almost all of Paul’s letters were written to new churches either he or someone else he knew had started. Fulfilling the Great Commission will always involve planting new ministry because “God has chosen his disciples to make known his manifold wisdom.”
Why a New Ministry in San Francisco Bay Area?
Whereas someprayer and deliverance ministry in the bay area are effectively engaging in the Great Commission, statistics are still concerning.
- Less than 14% of the county’s population attends a Christian church on any given weekend. (American Church Research Project)
- The percentage of population growth far exceeds the growth of church attendance.
- There are more than 70,000 people in a three mile range of Upper Room Fire Prayer’s plant site. This number is projected to be 72,000 people by 2014.
- There are over 42,000 people in a four mile range of Upper Room Fire Prayer’s plant site. This number is projected to be 49,000 people by 2014.
- Bay Area’s population is nearly 7.15 million people. 5.72 millionpeople in the San Francisco Bay Area do not attend church on a given weekend.
There is a great need in the Bay Area for a new prayer and deliverance ministry to reach the 5.72 million unchurched people in our community.